University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from non-EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Level of study: Master
Application Deadline: 15 December and 15 March each year.
Amount: up to 22.500 €
Field of study
Any field of study offered at University of Twente:
Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Management, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Construction Management and Engineering, Educational Science and Technology, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, European Studies, Health Sciences, Human Media Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Master Environmental and Energy Management, Master of Teaching in Social Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Nanotechnology, Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Management, Science Education and Communication, Social Systems Evaluation and Survey Research, Sustainable Energy Technology, Systems and Control, Technical Medicine and Telematics.
Requirements for application
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have been admitted to one of the above mentioned graduate programmes at University of Twente before December 15 for round 1 or March 15 for round 2
- Have graduated with excellent results in their (under-)graduate programme, where excellency is based on overall CGPA
- Comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa http://www.nuffic.nl/international-students/how-to-prepare/visas-and-permits/long-stay-visa
- Comply with the overall English language test norm Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- Have the nationality from a non-EU/EEA country and not being eligible for a Dutch study grant
- Have finished a possible pre-master at the University of Twente
- Students who are not directly admitted to a master, but will start a ‘pre-master’ programme can already apply for a UTS. If they do not finish the pre-master with a CGPA of 7,5 out of 10, they cannot be granted UTS. They must also comply with above mentioned requirements for UTS, including English language test scores.
Deadline for application
15 December and 15 March each year.
There are two possible UTS amounts for one year study programmes and two for two year study programmes. The student can only chose and apply for one of these. The amounts stated are given per year of study.
The scholarship amounts from which the student will chose by application are
- a. 22.500 € two year master programme
- b. 20.000 € one year master programme
- c. 12.500 € two year master programme
- d. 10.000 € one year master programme
exception on these amounts are made for the two year study programme Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, a non-technical study, for which the following scholarship amounts to be chosen from: large scholarship = 20.000 € small = 10.000 €
You can only be nominated for a UTS by your faculty, and on condition you are (provisionally) admitted to the MSc programme you registered for.
To obtain the application form please send an email to scholarship[at]so.utwente.nl with the following information:
- your name and student number
- the Master programme you are admitted to