The Chair of Integrative Risk Management and Economics at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH-Zurich) invites applications for 2 Doctoral positions in Economics.
- Supervision of a doctoral thesis in applied theory related to the economics of risk and insurance;
- Development of an international research record;
- Opportunity to be part of a vivid research group;
- Top-ranked economics department (5th in German speaking areas, Handelsblatt Ranking 2011);
- Flexible choice of PhD level courses at ETH as well as other top universities;
- Competitive salary.
- Background in economics or related fields (Masters level, completed or nearly completed);
- Solid background in economic theory or mathematics;
- Desire to conduct doctoral research in the economics of risk and insurance, possibly with applications in: economic demography / health economics / public economics / environmental economics;
- Motivation to support chair activities;
- Fluent in English.
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV, a transcript of grades and a 1-2 page statement of motivation including your research interests (a thorough research proposal is not expected at this stage). Please have two letters of recommendation sent to us directly.
The application deadline is March 15th, 2012.
Applications should be sent, electronically or by postal mail, to:
Chair of Integrative Risk Management and Economics
Prof. A. Bommier (Attn. Sabine Keller)
Please visit www.irme.ethz.ch for further information.