IRENA Master Scholarship Programme 2012 at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology
In an effort to promote talented academics, and with the generous support of the Government of the United Arab Emirates, up to 20 IRENA scholarships are offered annually at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI). The Programme extends to eight Master of Science Programmes offered at MASDAR Institute.
In addition, IRENA Scholars will be able to attend an exclusive Lecture Programme aimed at informing on the latest developments in the field of renewable energies.
Interested students can find all necessary information explaining the MSc Programmes, entry requirements and the selection process below. Special consideration will be given to applicants from developing countries as part of a concerted effort to support countries severely affected by today’s overriding challenges: energy access, energy security and climate change.
New scholarships available for next year, with the next round of applications opening 1 November 2011 and closing in 31 May 2012. Sign up here to be informed as soon as new scholarships become available.
IRENA offers a high-level lecture programme for its Scholars, dedicated to highlighting the latest developments in renewable energy technology, policies, and market trends. Tap into the knowledge of internationally recognized personalities, and become part of the growing international network of renewable energy experts.
MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology
The MASDAR Institute, which was established with the cooperation of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), integrates theory and practice to encourage a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship, and develop the critical thinkers and leaders of tomorrow.
Student Academic Handbook
Masdar Student Academic Handbook which will provide you with crucial information about aspects such as general procedures and policies, research possibilities, registration, etc.
10 Reasons to Apply
- Full scholarship for 2 years (including tuition, textbooks, housing, medical insurance, laptop, and travel expenses) with no bonds upon graduation.
- Cost of living allowance
- Possibility for first-hand experience with IRENA through an internship.
- Excellent networking potential
- Exclusive access to IRENA Lecture Programme
- Innovative academic environment
- Specialised renewable energy courses and state of the art laboratories
- Multidisciplinary research approach with more than 30 projects underway
- Academic programs developed with MIT
- Highly diverse and dynamic environment
Submit your application, if you comply with following MASDAR Institute criteria:
- Relevant undergraduate degree from a college, university or technical college of acceptable standing in the field of science, engineering or information technology
- Minimum CGPA required: 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
- Competence in spoken and written English. Minimum TOEFL score: 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL. Minimum academic IELTS score: 6.5.
- Minimum GRE quantitative score: 700(or 155 on the new scale) .
- Academic record and credentials must indicate the ability to achieve distinction
And following IRENA criteria:
- Desired specialisation within the chosen MSc programme.
- Description of knowledge already acquired in the field of renewable energies and relevant previous professional engagements or experience.
- In case of equal aptitude, priority access will be given to applicants from Developing Countries.