Scholarship opportunity for International students for pursuing Masters and PhD studies at University of Manitoba, Canada
Study Subject: Many( check the University website)
Employer: University of Manitoba
Level: Masters, PhD
Beginning with the 2007/2008 academic session, scholarships will be offered to recognize and reward the excellence of international graduate students pursuing Master’s or Ph.D. degrees at the University of Manitoba. The scholarships will be offered to students who:
- are international students (i.e., those in Canada on study permits) continuing in full-time study in the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Manitoba in either the second year of a two-year Master’s program, the second year of a two-year Ph.D. program, the second or third year of a three-year Ph.D. program, or in the first year of a Ph.D. program after completing a Master’s degree at the University of Manitoba;
- are paying the international student tuition fee;
- have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 over the equivalent of the last two completed years of study;
- show great promise as researchers and as graduate students.
- are not recipients of external funding that pays for their tuition
The value of the scholarship is $4,000. Scholarships will be offered until available funds are exhausted. Funding will be confirmed on an annual basis.
This scholarship may be held with the UMGF and other awards offered by the University of Manitoba, but may not be held in conjunction with the International Graduate Student Entrance Scholarship (IGSES). Students may be considered for this scholarship in each year of eligible study. Students who are enrolled in a re-registration year are not eligible.
Scholarships will only be applied against any outstanding international student tuition fee differential.
This scholarship will be administered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Complete the following application form.
- Attach transcripts from all post secondary institutions attended. Only official transcripts, “student histories” from the UM Registrar’s Office, and certified true copies are acceptable.
- **If you are planning to transfer from a Master’s to a PhD program or to apply to a PhD program for the Fall 2011 term or Winter 2012 term after March 1, 2011, if eligible, you are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to apply for this competition if you wish to be considered for the IGSS for the 2011\12 academic year. Late applications may not be considered after March 1, 2011.
- Application should be submitted to Faculty of Graduate Studies, 500 University Centre
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1 2011