The Department of Proteomics at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research is offering a PhD stipend in the Proteomics and Cell Signaling Group. The position is offered for a period of three years and employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) on 1 October 2008, enclosure 5. The salary depends on seniority, as agreed between the Ministry of Finance and AC within the range of 23.000-30.000 DKK/month (approximately 3.100-4.000 Euro/month) for a PhD position plus a pension supplement of 17 %.
The PhD candidate will be expected, over the period of the stipend, to acquire experience in teaching or other types of presentations. The tentative start date is 1 March 2011.
- The candidate is required to have a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in natural or medical science.
- Excellent academic track record.
- Prior experience in biochemistry, cell culture and/or protein chemistry techniques is desirable.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following area(s) would be considered an advantage: genetics and biology, cell signaling, high-throughput protein-protein interactions, or chromatin biology.
- Prior experience in high resolution mass spectrometry is not essential.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- An analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 24-01-2011