Masdar Institute Fully Funded Master Scholarships 2011 in Science, Engineering and Informaion Technology
Masdar Institute accepts applications from qualified local and international students. Acceptance into the programs depends on academic qualifications and English proficiency, as all lectures, laboratory sessions, and written/oral examinations at the Institute will be conducted in English.
All successful applicants to Masdar Institute are offered a scholarship which provides full financial support. The scholarships, which are available to students from all nationalities, include all tuition fees, laptop, medical insurance, housing, travel expenses, and a cost of living allowance.
- A relevant undergraduate degree – undergraduate degrees must be in the fields of science, engineering or information technology
- High CGPA – The minimum required for consideration for admissions is 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- High GRE scores – The minimum score required on the GRE Quantitative is 700. There is no cut-off score for the Verbal and Analytical but these scores are also important and evaluated. The GRE exam cannot be waived.
- High TOEFL (or academic IELTS) – The minimum TOEFL score required is 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL. The TOEFL can only be waived for native English speakers. The minimum academic IELTS score required is 6.5.
- High grades and scores are a prerequisite but are no guarantee of admission. Admission standards are in accordance with those of MIT.
The general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required and the following are some links for GRE preparation:
The ETS institutional GRE code for the Masdar Institute is 3870. Only the GRE general test is required. The ETS institutional TOEFL code for the Masdar Institute is 5786.
Masdar Institute practices a rolling admissions process. Applications normally open at the end of October and tend to close the following May. However, the admissions process may close earlier if all slots are filled before then.
UAE students and students with a UAE residence visa who are graduating in May, June or July of the intake year are encouraged to apply in January with their partial transcripts pending their final semester.
Applicants meeting the high admission standards may be offered admission immediately. Applicants who do not meet the admission standards will also be informed immediately. However, most applications are likely be put on hold subject to further evaluation of their academic credentials in comparison with the larger pool of applicants.
Instructions before proceeding to apply online
In the online application you will be required to fill in essential information and at some stage you will be asked for the following information which you may wish to prepare now before proceeding:
- Copy of your undergraduate/graduate transcripts (scanned)
- Copy of your statement of objectives (in MS-Word or PDF format)
- Copy of your GRE and TOEFL (or IELTS) score (scanned)
- JPEG passport sized photo of not more than 100K in size
- Name and email address of 3 referees to whom we will write to for letters of reference
Guidelines for statement of objectives
The statement of objectives is very important so we encourage you to write it carefully. We seek a statement of one to two pages (approximately 400 to 1000 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to do graduate work at the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology.
Your statement of objectives should describe:
- How you think about the world and your professional objectives
- The issues or problems you want to address during your studies at Masdar Institute and the setting in which you eventually see yourself working professionally
- How your previous studies and work experience (if any) relates to what you propose to do at Masdar Institute
- Why you are applying to Masdar Institute and the specific program
- Other matters you think are important for us to know
For application, copies of documents submitted do not have to be original or certified true as yet. If you are accepted, it will be conditional subject to submission of all necessary original documents by the first day of classes.
(It is useful to download the form to understand the information you need to prepare before proceeding with the online application)
After submission of your application, you will see a screen with your ID and password which you should print for your reference. Check the status of your application periodically here. Please note that if you submit an application without uploading at least your undergraduate transcripts and statement of objectives it is automatically rejected.
If you encounter difficulty submitting the application online, please email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Browser & version
- Error message received
- Name of files you attempted to upload
- MSc in Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Computing and Information Science
- MSc in Electrical Power Engineering
- MSc in Engineering Systems and Management
- MSc in Materials Science and Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Microsystems Engineering
- MSc in Water and Environmental Engineering