In September 2010 an Erasmus Mundus Master’s course, called CEMACUBE (Common European MAster’s CoUrse in Biomedical Engineering) will start. Recently the grant application, submitted by RuG and UMCG, is accepted. Goal of this course is to prepare students from Europe and outside Europe for professions in Biomedical Engineering.
For a single university it is difficult to have enough knowledge of all sub-specialisations in Biomedical Engineering to teach their students on an adequate level. Also the required European scope is difficult to gain when students stick to a single university. Therefore a consortium of 6 universities has joined their knowledge and specific expertise into a 2-year European Master’s in Biomedical Engineering.
During the first year (semester 1 and 2), a student will follow lectures on all biomedical engineering subjects at one of the six universities, the 3rd semester (s)he will move to one of the participating universities to follow lectures on a specific topic, like medical imaging, tissue engineering or artificial organs. The fourth and last semester, a Master’s project will be performed on this specialisation at one of the 6 participating universities: the Universities of Groningen (The Netherlands), Aachen (Germany), Dublin (Ireland), Ghent and Brussels (Belgium) and Prague (Czech Republic). Each student will receive a double degree. Admission criteria are: a Bachelor in engineering and good knowledge of English (all teaching will be given in English), a convincing motivation letter and letters of reference.
Students that followed this European Master’s course in Biomedical Engineering are trained with a Europan view, experienced in intercultural and interdisciplinary teamwork. They will have a broad overview of the entire field of BME.
We are ready for applications for CEMACUBE 2011! Applicants may apply for the CEMACUBE programme (as well as for scholarships) until the following deadlines:
Category A students: December 1st, 2010
Category B students: April 15th, 2011
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Carefully read our selection criteria, found at here
- Fill in the PDF application form (download PDF )
- Prepare an electronic application package, containing the following:
- Completed PDF application form
- Copies of certified documents of academic credentials, including diploma and (if available) diploma supplement (including a certified translation if these documents are not in English, French or German). If you do not yet have a diploma, you must provide us with convincing proof that you will obtain your BSc degree before the CEMACUBE programme starts in September 2011.
- Academic and professional CV
- Letter of motivation (very important). For more information, click here.
- A passport sized photo
- A valid copy of your passport
- A valid copy of your English proficiency test, check the specific requirements here. Please note: Always included a copy of your test results with your application (also when you have send the results directly to the University of Groningen (TOEFL code 7191)).
PLEASE NOTE: there are only two grounds for exemption from having to prove proficiency in English:
- Applicants that are a native English speaker and completed secondary education in any one of the following countries: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia
- Applicants that have completed their bachelor education in any one of the following countries: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia
We make no exceptions to these rules. Students have to prove their proficiency in English if they do not meet either of the two requirements stated above.
- Send their complete application package to email@example.com
- Send the PDF reference form (Download PDF), to at least two, but preferably three qualified referees, and make sure that they fill it in and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the name of the candidate in the title of the e-mail.
It is the candidate’s responsibility that all referee forms arrive before the deadline. Referees must send their reference forms to us themselves – the candidate is not allowed to do this.
Only complete dossiers with completed application forms will be considered for selection. You are welcome to add extra documents with additional relevant information. Please check that you send all documents required above to us in a single e-mail to CEMACUBE email address. If you cannot send certain documents yet, please explain this in your application and indicate when we can expect to receive these remaining documents. This will avoid delays in the reviewing your application.
If you would like to have a chat with CEMACUBE students, please click here for our Facebook page for prospective students.
If you still have any questions about your application, please contact the administrative coordinator, Ms. Dr. Irma Knevel (email@example.com).