Masdar Institute of Science and Technology Postdoc Researcher–Engineering Systems and Management, UAE
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, located in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., is a private, not-for-profit, independent, graduate-level, research-driven institute developed with the support and cooperation of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The goal of the Institute is to develop, over a period of years, indigenous R&D capacity in Abu Dhabi, addressing issues of importance to the region in critical areas such as: renewable energy, sustainability, environment, water resources and microelectronics. The Institute offers graduate degree programs (MSc & PhD) in science and engineering disciplines with a focus on advanced energy and sustainable technologies (www.masdar.ac.ae and http://web.mit.edu/mit-tdp/www/).
- Two Postdoctoral positions are available immediately at the Engineering Systems and Management Program at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Projects include the optimal design of low carbon living environments, studies of regional adaptations to climate change, diffusion patterns of renewable energy technology, and environmental finance, etc.
- The positions require a minimum of 1 year commitment to research projects and a Ph.D. with a strong background in any of the following two fields:
- Mathematical simulation (e.g. system dynamics, agent based modeling, etc.). Optimization and programming (JAVA, etc.) skills are essential.
- Finance and statistics. Advanced econometrics skill is essential.
- Candidates with experience in energy and environmental researches are preferred.
- Basic annual salary is between USD 50,000 to 57,500 (no tax) depending on the candidate’s qualification. Medical care and housing are provided.
- Interviews will be focused on research methodology with special emphasis on how different methodologies can be applied to tackle the research subjects stated above.
To apply, please send the cover letter, CV, publications, and references to:
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 54224
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Tel: +971 56 642 3114
Fax: +971 2 698 8121